Lovely Lane Church | Sanctuary & Dome Restoration
This CM contract involved the restoration of the 1887 sanctuary and plaster dome. All finishes were restored, and new electrical systems and lighting were introduced. The original mural depicted the night sky star pattern of November 6, 1887 at 3:00 am for the dedication of the Methodist Church. Painted over in the 1930’s, a canvas covering was attached to the plaster dome and a star mural pattern was painted on the canvas. With the canvas removed, locations of stars were transferred to the floor of the scaffold platform, compared to astrological charts, and the first rendering of the mural was prepared by Thomas Moore Studios. The extensive plaster cracking was repaired and decorative painting of the dome was restored.
- ABC National Excellence in Construction Award
- ABC Baltimore Excellence in Construction Award
- Baltimore Heritage Historic Preservation Award
- Maryland Historical Trust Preservation Award
- Building & Congress Exchange Craftsmanship Award - Seating Restoration
- Building & Congress Exchange Craftsmanship Award - Sanctuary Restoration