Portfolio

Community College of Baltimore County | Hilton Mansion Restoration

The Hilton Mansion—a 14,000 SF four-story Georgian Revival house originally built in 1825—has been completely restored and converted to offices and seminar rooms which will be used for lectures, meetings, and social events. The restored Hilton Mansion was renamed the Hilton Center is the new home for CCBC’s Honors Program and Center for Global Education. Lewis Contractors’ work at Hilton Mansion included removal of the “modern” finishes installed during a previous 1970’s renovation, preservation of the historic crown mouldings and baseboards, restoration of the windows, restoration of the mahogany paneling, installation of a new elevator, ADA compliance work, and restoration of the quarry tile and historic marble checkerboard flooring. This work and the new energy efficient heating/ventilation/air conditioning systems, new electrical service and fixtures, restoration of the home’s exterior and installation of the new brick paver entryway have restored the home to its position as the crown jewel of the college campus. As a part of Lewis’ renovation, the home now includes a warming kitchen and ancillary necessities for catered events. Hilton Mansion was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 and is also listed on Baltimore and Maryland’s historic registries.

Year
2017
Location
Catonsville, MD
Awards
  • Preservation Alliance of Baltimore County - Public Building Preservation Restoration Award
footer-logo-w

Follow our latest achievements and information on our social networks

Lewis Contractors

Copyright © 2022 Lewis Contractors